The insurance billing clerk position bills insurance companies for all clinic and hospital physician bills; pursues collection of all claims until payment is made by insurance companies and/or patient; and performs other work associated with the billing process.
● Be in attendance every scheduled day. Consistently be on-time for scheduled shifts.
● Prepares and submits clinic and hospital physician claims to third-party insurance carriers either electronically or by hard copy billing.
● Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by third party insurances.
● Follows up with third-party insurance carriers and patient on unpaid claims till claims are paid in full.
● Processes rejections by correcting any billing error and resubmitting claims to third-party insurance carriers.
● Works with physician staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
● Keeps updated on all billing and benefit changes for third-party insurance carriers.
● Posts third-party insurance payments.
● Maintains confidentiality of all information.
● Keeps updated on all third-party billing requirements and changes for insurance types within the area of responsibility.
● Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, clinic mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
● Performs other duties as required.
The incumbent should be a high school graduate or equivalent, possess prior experience in a
professional office setting, post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical
terminology preferred. Courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology preferred.
One year of prior experience in billing of third-party insurances for facility and professional services
The ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time is required. The ability to calmly act in stressful
situations is required.
This position requires light work, the ability to lift up to ten pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job.
Please login or enroll and make an appointment through our convenient Patient Portal or give us a call at either of the locations below to make an appointment. We are happy to meet your healthcare needs.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. We also offer Urgent Care, click here to learn more.
Because sickness is never convenient, we have extended Urgent Care hours evenings and weekends.
- Sore Throat
- Abdominal Pain
- Rashes and allergic reactions
- Animal and insect bites
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Minor cuts requiring stitches
- Urinary tract/bladder infections